Saturday, July 11

Ah, Saturday

ITEM!: We're conducting an experiment this weekend. We're trying the two buffet restaurants up the street from our house for dinner tonight and tomorrow night. Tonight's selection: Sweet Tomatoes. On the whole, and in retrospect, the dinner was a decent offering. We tried most everything, except the pasta dishes (no real reason for that either, just a matter of choice). I had a yummy salad, with tomatoes, croutons, butternut squash, and corn on it; a bit of baked potato; some clam chowder; and of course, some dark chocolate frozen yogurt. Sydney ate hardly anything, but did munch on a couple peas, in their proper form (yay!). Brian had a salad, the cream of broccoli soup, and other stuff, though I don't remember what else. The dinner wasn't fantastic, though it did serve the purpose. Dinner tomorrow night: The Oriental Garden, a Chinese buffet restaurant.
ITEM!: We created a Rock Band band this morning, so now we can rock out to our game as a real rock band! Brian plays the lead guitar, I play bass, and Sydney is our lead singer. She has a tendency to not sing much at all, gets booed off the stage quite a bit, and also throws down the microphone and announces "I quit," at least twice during a song. We're like Oasis. She also named our band: Bees Make Honey. It cracks me up! Honestly, I love the name so much!
ITEM!: We found a lizard in the bedroom tonight. Actually, it scurried across the floor as I walked through to go to the bathroom. Last apartment: crickets. This house: tiny lizard. In what land is that an option? Arizona, apparently. He was cute. Anyway, I love my husband because he knew from the outset that he would have to catch the lizard, not kill it, and let it go in the backyard.

No comments: