Monday, February 1

She's a train engineer because it's fun

So what happened is that I had an 800-page book to read, and it was due tomorrow. I knew I wouldn't have the time tonight to finish the book, so I knew then that I would have to read the entire thing over the weekend. So, I started it on Friday night, read a huge chunk of it Saturday, and then finished it last night. This cramming of the book was a bit unsettling, because I hate stressing out about something so silly. I was able to turn in the book this afternoon though, and it was good, too, so all is well. Anyway, that's why I didn't blog at all this weekend.
I had grand plans of blogging every day last month, or at least having 31 posts for the 31 days of January. I guess 29 posts isn't too bad. But now it's February, and it's time to gather the February plans. Plans for what to pay this month, and what household item should be picked up for this month. I think I'll be able to pay off one of my cards as well as one of Brian's, while still being able to maybe get Sydney's new bed frame. Those plans are tentative, of course, until I see the real state of the finances on Friday, but a tentative plan is better than no plan at all.
I rather enjoy the possibilities of the beginning of the months this year. On every first of the month, I feel like there are two lists in front of me: on one, I'm crossing something off, and on the other, I'm just erasing it. The general satisfaction and relief of having those things either done or gone is amazing, and I look forward to it until the end of the year.

No comments: