Thursday, September 18

Just another manic Thursday

ITEM!: I rolled on my ankle yesterday on my hike, and it's a bit swollen. I'd take a picture of it and post it, but the swelling isn't that big, and there's no coloring at all, and I haven't shaved my legs in a while. I'd rather you all didn't see my stubble, if that's okay. Anyway, I won't be hiking tomorrow, since I need to take Ollie to the vet, but I figure that's a better thing, since it'll give it more time to heal. And I'll be all ready to drag Mom out with me next week.
ITEM!: Speaking of Oliver, he's feeling quite better, though still not as well as I'd like. Finally today, he jumped up on the sofa and rolled onto his back to nap. He hadn't rolled onto his back since before he hurt himself, so this was a super positive sign, I think. We're off to have his back checked again, to ensure that his twinge is no longer. We may have to take the anti-inflammatory for another week, but we'll see what the doctor says.
ITEM!: I have a mosquito bite on the juicy fat on the back of my upper right thigh. It is ... annoying. It's in the worst place ever, since my pants rub against it and make it itch more, and also because every time I touch it I'm reminded how much fat I have back there. I am more than irritated with the amount of mosquitoes hanging out in Arizona lately. I thought our super dry climate kept such bugs at bay, and usually it does, but the weather and humidity we've suffered through lately is a breeding ground. And Oliver allowed one in the house tonight while he took his damn time coming through the door.
ITEM!: Our local sushi restaurant offers spicy crab and shrimp rolls, and they are delicious. I had such a yearning for them today, and Brian indulged me, and I'm still hungry for them. I ate two plates of them, and I could have easily had a third plate, had there been one. I want some now, and again for lunch tomorrow. Happily, they're super inexpensive, too, so that's an option. But really, it's not. I don't want to go there alone. But the rolls are calling me. They would be an awesome Midnight Snack.

No comments: