Sunday, September 28

Fresh air exists, and it can be cool, too

I didn't watch any football today. Not a stitch. Which is really great when it comes to justifying the cost of DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket. Of course, my Patriots aren't playing until tomorrow night, Monday Night Football, so there was no pressing reason to watch football today. Instead, we hung out in our pajamas until noon; bought a bike for Brian to ride in Tour de Fat next weekend; and played a video game. After Sydney went to bed, B and I watched Last Week Tonight, and the season finale of Ray Donovan.
All in all, it was a pretty perfect Sunday, even if I'm going a bit stir crazy in the house, and Sydney went to bed early tonight because of a slight fever.
But you know what else? The windows in my house are open right now, and will be all night. This last storm yesterday, ushered in the cooler nights, beginning this very evening. The temperature low tonight will be in the low 60s, which is frickin' awesome, and makes the use of an air conditioner pretty moot. It seems as though the cooler nights are here to stay for the rest of the year, and hopefully, well in to May. I miss open windows so much during the summer here. And tonight, I'm a very happy camper.

No comments: