Sunday, August 11

Understatement: we enjoy frozen treats

ITEM!: My sofa is a very comfortable, and confounding, place. I love to lay on it, but I hate to sleep and wake up there. (The latter almost always follows the former.) Thus was my problem last night, and which is why I didn't blog. Tonight, I was sure to pop up off the sofa before I got too comfortable.
ITEM!: And when did Sunday become such an awesome night for television? True Blood, The Newsroom and Ray Donovan? Add Brian's other love, Breaking Bad? It makes for a lovely night for Brian and I, and an "independent play" night for Sydney. Sadly, True Blood is over next week, so that's means that the rest won't be far behind.
ITEM!: My freezer is filled with all kinds of awesome. We bought Otter Pops yesterday. They're taking a bit longer to freeze than we figured, so we haven't partaken yet. Also in there is a half-gallon of Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler, three pints of Blue Bell Cookies n' Cream, Blue Bell mixed berry bars (I've developed a Texas-sized thing for Blue Bell; someone find me that key lime pie ice cream and send it to me, please), Brian's coconut bars, and some sugar-free popsicles. Never let it be said that we don't have frozen treats and chips in the house.
ITEM!: We experienced the always amazing movie trifecta this weekend. Planes, Identity Thief, and Jack the Giant Slayer. I can confidently say that we are two for three in that list, with Planes being the only movie we're pleased we sat through. I have to tell you, I really wish I didn't have a job this week. There are so many movies I want to see, and not having any time without the kid and a job is killing my good time. I want to watch movies and eat popcorn, people.

No comments: