Wednesday, August 7

Once again, I'm a working girl

Okay, so I had my first day of work today. It's been 10 years since I had a "first day" at work, and seven years since I had a "day" at work. I got to tell Brian that he was buying me a tea for "my drive to work" this morning, and it felt good. The job itself will take some learning, as most jobs do, and once I've got it figured out, it'll be a quick and easy task.
My concern is that I will spend so much time on my computer during the day that I won't want to do anything with it at night. But even as I type that, I know that I'll do fine. Shopping list, for the job, at Target tomorrow: 3-ring binder for client information; tabs to separate customers; 3-holed paper for said binder; case for my laptop; and an additional charging cable for my laptop (this may wait for the Apple store this weekend). I'm looking forward to digging in to the job, and it seems as though Monday may be the day I do that. I've got a boatload of papers to print out in the morning, too, which I'll put in a folder until I get my shopping done. (Now I'm just making my mental plans out loud and on the blog. Feel free to space out right now, since I'm losing interest in this post, and will be ending it soon.)
So. Social media is a thing. And I'm getting paid to do it. Weird.

No comments: