Wednesday, August 14

Oblivion ... is a long time

ITEM!: I did really good work at Starbucks today. I was unsure of how it would go, and got butterflies in my stomach when I walked into the place (which is ridiculous, because it's like my second home). But I sat down with my tea, plugged in my computer, put in my ear buds, and promptly got to work. Three hours later, I was farther along than I thought I would be, had a stack of questions for my boss, was full up of green tea, and felt like I had been productive. So; goal accomplished, and I'll be back tomorrow.
ITEM!: Brian rented Oblivion on iTunes last night while he couldn't sleep, and tasked me with watching it today before the 24-hour rental expired. I wasn't interested in watching the Tom Cruise, end-of-the-world film, but I knew that if I didn't, Brian would get annoyed. In the interest of not being annoyed at tonight, I watched it. Also, I live tweeted my disdain. It made it more interesting for me. The movie itself, not so much.
ITEM!: We also watched the HBO documentary, Americans in Bed, tonight. I can't decide if it was uplifting or depressing; if it made me envious or thankful; or if it made me horny or just want to cuddle. The documentary interviewed several couples, sitting up in bed, about their relationships, including sexual relations, love for each other, issues with each other, and their take on love and romance. Some of the couples were awesome, some were sad, and some made me want to scream because they don't talk to each other. But mostly, I'm glad it didn't make me feel like I have to sit down with Brian and over-analyze our relationship.
ITEM!: I was uncomfortable with my clothes at Starbucks this morning. I had on my khaki capri pants, a t-shirt and some flip flops. My "uncomfort" comes from my chilled toes, my ankles being uncovered, my muffin top being there, and the unforgiving waist. (Damn, I need to get fitter for my clothes, yo.) The answer to my issues is, of course, yoga pants. They need to be long, so they cover my ankles, and look good with my tennis shoes. They need to be yoga, so they are more flexible in the waist, but still control my awesome waist fat. And they need to be in my closet, so I can be a comfortable while I'm sitting at my computer, in a coffee shop, as nature intended.

No comments: