Friday, August 9

My mind dances, rather than works

I didn't go to Starbucks to do my work today. I decided to try "working at home."
Fun fact: I am incapable of getting a lot done when I'm "at home."
I took Sydney to school and came right back. I got distracted in the garage, and brought the box with my cubicle desk stuff in it upstairs. In the box was all kinds of other stuff, and I had to call Mom so we could talk about it. At 11:30 a.m. or so, I finally got down to business.
And I was immediately too overwhelmed to get very far. It occurred to me that I had no idea how to start doing my job when not in the posting program, nor did I know enough about my clients to get very far. Still, I soldiered through it, and managed to create posts for a few of my clients, and sent them off to my boss.
Happily, the return e-mail was a positive one, and I did good. The current task is to do some more this weekend, with images, and then we'll talk about them on Monday. I find myself looking forward to having to go to the office on Monday. Because it's no joke, I could not keep my head on straight today, nor could I deny my dogs every time I got up to pee. (They like their treats, you know.) I will definitely be going to Starbucks and/or the library every day I'm not driving to the office. Because the less I can do around my house, the more I get done.

No comments: