Thursday, August 22

It was a day ripe with snit

The worst thing about being in a snit is the agitation and physical stress shakes I get because I'm being bugged so much. A few things did manage to put me in a snit today, and while a couple are fine to talk about, others aren't fit for public consumption. It's like, one or two things is tolerable, but add on the other three or so, and I'm just a bundle of FUCK YOUs, and LET ME JUST SIT AND WATCH THIS DUMB MOVIE, and also STOP BUGGING ME.
--> The car's warning light turned out to be nothing, which is good, but I spent two hours at the dealership before they told me it would be a while longer, and that they'd give me a ride home, if I wanted. Snit level: LOW.
--> A guy left his dog in his car at the grocery store, with the windows open, but still, it was too hot for that today. Sydney and I sat by the car for 10 minutes before going into the grocery store and having customer service make an announcement for the person with the car to tend to their dog before the police are called. Sydney and I continued to wait. The guy came out about 10 minutes later. Snit level: MEDIUM.
--> Sydney refused to just sit and read her book, and the subsequent whining was more than I would have liked. Snit level: LOW.
--> People on Facebook are so quick to believe the worst that they see on Facebook that they don't ever bother to make one more click to verify a story's facts. An article posted by The National Report yesterday went viral, asserting that there is a gay-to-straight conversion plan being implemented into the Arizona public school system for grades K-12 in November. This "article" appeared three times on my FB feed, with a whole bunch of outrage and holier-than-thou attitude. The kick is that not one of these people did any background into the article, to see that it was posted on a satire and parody web site. You know how I figured out the article was fake? I clicked one more time. I spent a portion of my afternoon loudly and in all caps explaining that this was not a true news story, and that people need to do their due diligence before posting to Facebook. Snit level: HIGH.
--> An e-mail. Snit level: HIGH.
--> A comment. Snit level: HIGH.

No comments: