Friday, August 23

I see a forest full of pink trees

Yesterday's snit is over, and I have several people to thank:
First, to Brian, who actually always does have my back.
My mommy, who helped me compose the e-mail response, and who was just as relieved as I when that response was graciously replied to.
Sydney, who doesn't care about any of it, and could she have ice cream when she gets home today?
Andrea, who called me to chat, but also mainly to find out what the snit was about.
My dogs, who chilled in the office with me all morning, showing me that they are perfectly capable of hanging out with me while I work and not being nuisances.
The mailman, who this afternoon brought me the new Real Simple and Entertainment Weekly.
And last but not least, Marlo, with whom I was finally able to sit and have a conversation (even if it was by text) tonight, and that made me happy.
A majority of my issues from yesterday worked themselves out on their own, and the things I could take care of, I did take care of. I'm excited to enjoy my weekend, and to get to work -- officially -- on Monday. I am clearly in a better frame of mind tonight.
People! And I can't stress this enough: PEOPLE! DON'T MESS WITH THAT.

No comments: