Tuesday, November 20

I think I might be ready

ITEM!: It's so weirdly quiet when the dogs are gone. We took Oliver and Daisy to the dog hotel tonight, and they should be snug as bugs right now, comfortable in their suite, and cozy in their blankets. Still, it's too quiet here, and I know I won't be able to sleep very well without them in bed with me. However, I also know that my morning tomorrow will go smoothly because I won't have to mess with them.
ITEM!: We are getting up butt early, about 4 a.m., to catch our butt-early flight. On the up side, we arrive into Phoenix early in the morning, and should be in Tucson in time for lunch. We're super excited to see the family!
ITEM!: Sydney is officially ready for a booster seat in the car. We decided to travel with one to Arizona instead of a full car seat (yay!), and are eager to try out the new safety device. Sydney though, has decided that we need a booster in every car, and is not subtle about her desires. She got in the car this morning and sighed, "Well, this seat is still here. It hasn't gone away yet..." I suppose we'll get rid of our car seats next week and pick up another booster. She's growing up, Y'ALL.
ITEM!: It's liberating to leave the laptop at home. Of course, I'm still bringing the iPad, but leaving the computer isn't something I do often. I'm excited also because the computer is so heavy, and the iPad holds all my magazines. I may or may not blog very much over the holiday weekend. I'll try my best, but I promise nothing.

No comments: