Wednesday, November 7

Election night ITEM!'s

ITEM!: It's not as hard to not brag about last night's results as I though it would be. Except to say that I was embarrassed for some of the overreactions I saw on Facebook last night, the melodrama on television was as I expected. (I've read that sentence like four times and I can't tell if it doesn't make any sense. Let's move on.) I am incredibly happy with the results from last night's presidential contest. All is well in my world, and I'm excited to see what can be done over these next four years with a president who isn't worried about being re-elected.
ITEM!: Huzzah, and YAY FOR OUR LADY PARTS!! I've never felt like my rights as a woman were in more jeopardy as I have in this election. I am appalled that so many gains were made by the Republican platform to reduce my decision-making rights about my own body. And the attack on Planned Parenthood was led by people who simply don't care about women. That's a dangerous sentiment in a country that is currently boasting a pretty substantial actively voting female contingent. I'm proud of the ladies, and the men who support them, for making their voices heard yesterday.
ITEM!: The same-sex marriage platform made tremendous strides last night, by being approved in three states, and by its discrimination being defeated in one. The fact that California continues to be behind other states in approving same-sex marriage is an incredible personal embarrassment for me. I always had such pride in my state, which is why I'm still registered to vote in it, but this lack of equality for a segment of a population is horrifying. I continue to vote in California because I want to be a part of the approval of a same-sex initiative when it finally passes. I'm hoping that will happen in my lifetime.
ITEM!: Donald Trump is a complete whackjob, and he needs to be muzzled. The dude went on a Twitter tirade last night, calling for a revolution against the election results and the Electoral College. An institution that I like to remind Republicans they celebrated in 2000, when Bush won the electoral vote and Gore won the popular vote. Trump needs to lose his platform (*cough* NBC), and just throttle his crazy.
ITEM!: And just so we know that life is going to go back to what is was before all this crazy election madness, Christina Aguilera's Braided Hair is trending at the top on Yahoo! this morning.

No comments: