Thursday, November 8

Cat noise + Daisy noise > bunny noise

Well, come to find out that I can't, actually can't, sleep with my bedroom windows open. I've tried for the last couple nights, and I've come across a very specific problem. It begins, innocently enough, in a community with a relatively high population of outdoor cats at night. About 5 o'clock every morning, the cats decide to bitch and moan at each other in a manner that eventually devolves into a shouting match. This shouting match wakes my Daisy. As a, let's say "efficient and effective" guard dog, Daisy hears everything, and in her own way, comments on it. Her comments tend to be in the form of a long, loud growl that reverberates across the bed. She'll growl as long as she can on one breath, then take another breath, and then growl again. Occasionally, she'll throw in an "erf." As you can imagine, at 5 a.m., this is very annoying. And the only way to stop it is to shut the window, effectively cutting off the cat noises. Sadly, this also cuts off the cool breeze and fresh air.
I remember with incredible fondness my house in Scottsdale, in a quiet neighborhood full of old people with quiet dogs and cats, and my ability to keep my windows open all night. And the only noises were the sounds of baby bunnies rooting around in the bushes outside.

No comments: