Sunday, November 4

A year is a long time, but quickly gone

The next few days are going to be somewhat bitter in their tone, as we are coming up on the one-year anniversary of arriving in Houston. In fact, one year ago today was our last night in Arizona before hopping in the cars and heading farther east.
Oh, that we could have that day to do over again. (Oh, to have the last 20 months to do over again!!) I remember it vividly: us climbing in our cars in Sierra Vista, and making that fateful right turn onto the freeway, instead of the left turn that would have taken us back to Phoenix.
I honestly can not believe that we've been out of Arizona -- as residents -- for an entire year. I can't believe that we're still here, and that the office still hasn't opened. (It's supposed to open "this month.") I'm bitter that we've wasted a year here. I'm bitter that I'm so far away with no money to make regular trips back home. I'm bitter that we've spun our wheels and gone farther into debt for this "opportunity," which has, in fact, yielded nothing of benefit.
As I said, posts that are "bitter in their tone."

No comments: