Sunday, September 2

We'll love you more this fall

ITEM!: There is something to be said for having cool things to do and having the cool weather in which to do them. Because wandering around the Kemah Boardwalk today, with some hefty humidity, sunshine and heat, was pretty awful. I'm getting tired of telling my kid that we'll come back and do something another day because it's just too hot and crowded to get it done today. I'm going to have a busy fall season, with full-day visits to Galveston and Kemah on the agenda, as well as the aquarium, the zoo and Austin, for the university's dinosaur museum. Very many Family Adventure Days in our future.
ITEM!: Something else I've decided I like the taste of recently is waffle cones. I still don't like the sugar cones for ice cream, and cake cones are still my favorite, but those waffle cones really hit the spot. I had one today at Marble Slab Creamery as we left Kemah. The strawberry ice cream was sugar-free, too, so I ate the waffle cone with minimal guilt.
ITEM!: We had initially decided on visiting Austin today and checking out a restaurant we saw on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, called Foreign & Domestic. The restaurant though, in addition to being closed on Sunday and Monday, also only is open for dinner. Maybe next weekend we'll drive up there on Saturday afternoon, visit the museum, and then have an early dinner before we come home. We've become kinda obsessed with checking out the restaurants on this show, even though we have yet to visit one. There are a couple here in Houston. We'll have to get more adventurous.
ITEM!: I had planned on finishing my unfinished Nook book this weekend, what with the three days and all, but I'll admit that I haven't even turned the e-reader on since Thursday. I'm disappointed in myself, mainly because I've been napping instead of reading the last two afternoons. Even for me, sometimes sleep outranks reading.

No comments: