Sunday, September 30

I do love football very much

Brian and I have decided that I have an irrational dislike for some football teams and individual players. I don't have an active hate list or anything, but I will admit to rooting against some teams and players. The New England Patriots, of course, are the best team in the National Football League, and every other team deserves to get beaten by them. Now, having said that, I shall list a couple of my -- wait for it -- Football Peeves.
Eli Manning ~ I've never been a fan because of the kerfuffle involved in his drafting, wherein his dad made some kind of backdoor deal so Eli would be drafted by the Giants instead of San Diego because no one had confidence in the Chargers' offensive line. That whole thing seems kinda ... pussy-ish ... to me, which is the opposite of football.
The New York Giants ~ Two Super Bowls. Two losses. That's about that.
The new head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ He's a bully. And from what I've read, kind of an asshole. And the charging on the kneels at the end of the games. There is an etiquette to football. Respect it.
Michael Vick ~ Dog killer. He should always lose.
Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seattle Seahawks ~ He kinda bragged about their "win" last week. Bad form. Also, USC.
Randy Moss ~ Because if he hadn't been such a diva last season, the Patriots wouldn't have released him, and he'd probably still be playing with them and they need a long wide receiver.
Drew Brees ~ For putting New Orleans through a salary hold-out, when the city and Saints fans needed him so desperately after the bounty scandal, and then not leading the team to a single win so far this season.
New York Jets ~ Rex Ryan, the team's head coach, is very rude when it comes to commenting on my Patriots, and that kind of thing bugs me. Also, Tim Tebow, who doesn't really bug me as a person, but the kneeling thing last season was way too popular.
That's all I can remember right now. I do cheer for people and teams other than mine though, too. So it's not completely one-sided. ... I cheer for Peyton Manning, because he's a nice guy and seems to be a genuine gentleman of the game. He's a competitor, but also has respect for the game itself. ... The Oakland Raiders, because it's Brian's team, and he's always in a better mood when they're doing well. ... The Arizona Cardinals, because they need all the fans they can get. ... The Houston Texans, because it's always fun to live in a town where the team is doing well. Also, it looks like mine and Brian's special influence on sports teams where we live has transferred from baseball to football. You're welcome, Texans fans. ...

No comments: