Thursday, May 31

A status update

So, I've been away for a while. Not really "away" away, but, you know, away from the blog.
Here's the thing: When I'm depressed, I don't like to write about it. I don't want Y'ALL to put me on some kind of virtual watch of some kind, because I've let our little life here get to me. So, instead, I go dark. I've not blogged, rarely posted anything to Facebook, and kept to myself. I'd just rather live a life without reflection rather than reflect on the ick that's rolling through.
Here's the thing (part 2): I hate being lied to. And here, in our little life in Houston, we're being lied to. I haven't told you all this, but they still haven't even started construction work on Brian's new office. We're told that it'll be "next week." We're told that they've got the money. We're told there will be plenty of cash to help us out once our taxes are due next year. We're told that it'll be okay, and not to worry.
Like I said, we're being told all kinds of things. Because they don't have their money yet. They don't have anyone working on the new place. And they will -- probably -- shrug their shoulders and tell us that they actually won't be able to help on April 15, 2013. I believe that we're being told what they think we want to hear. I believe that that has been the case for well over a year. I believe that we moved our entire life to Texas on a random promise because we had too much trust. I believe that right now, the only thing keeping us sane is the fact that we're getting along well.
I've been incredibly optimistic for a long time about our current "situation." I've been as positive as I can be. But when yet another month rolls by with no movement on the office, and only a series of "next week" promises have been given, I get down. I find myself wondering if they think this was as bad an idea as we do, and just no one wants to be the first person to admit it.
So, as the seeds of doubt and the depressive mental rumblings sprouted, and I got sad, I just stepped away from the blog for a while. But tomorrow is June, and I like June, so I'll be snapping out of this now.

No comments: