Tuesday, May 15

Pomp and circumstance all the way

I think perhaps one of the cutest things anyone could ever witness is a kindergarten graduation. Sydney's was tonight, and that child, in her cap and gown, was just beyond anything I've ever seen before in my life. SO CUTE. Also, all the other kids, but mainly mine!
The best part of the ceremony was that as the kids were walking across the stage to get their "diplomas," the teachers would say what they wanted to be when they grew up. My baby, of course, was all, "paleontologist." But so many others had interesting ideas: firefighter, super hero, dentist, meteorologist, baseball player, police officer, "money maker," teacher, princess (my favorite answer of them all) and break dancer (whereupon the child actually broke out a move). They walked their processional to Pomp and Circumstance, and did some singing, too. The whole thing, no kidding, was beyond adorable.
Also, do you remember how I was all worried that Sydney would catch a cold because of all our traveling? Well, not so much for her, but I've caught one. And that is f*cked up. My nose is all stuffed up, and I've been sneezy all afternoon. I can taste it. I can feel it. And it's making me cranky. Airborne and sleep tonight. And a nap tomorrow.

No comments: