Friday, May 25

Curiosity is good for you

Most people think that living one's life on a digital plane could be a bit of a crutch. I submit to you that it is, instead, liberating.
It's quite obvious to everyone on the blog here and on Facebook, that I love my technology. I post everything, check-in everywhere, and follow up with a blog submission. I am obsessed with checking up on my friends, through Facebook and Twitter, and feel myself a traitor if I don't blog at night. I keep a digital diary, and I'm a zealot about it. I'm relentless. I never tire of it.
But here's where it gets liberating: I am such an open book technologically, that everyone is dependent on it as a means to knowing what I've done that day. So much so that if I don't check-in or post, or blog about an event, it's like it didn't occur. If Kimmie does something, but doesn't make note of it online, did it really happen? This could be a university thesis paper.
"The Transient Properties of a Life Lived Online, and Whether Events Actually Occur When It Isn't."

No comments: