Thursday, July 1

A new night-nights ritual?

Sydney and I decided to talk about our day this evening before singing our lullabies for night-nights. This is the first time we've spent actual conversation time discussing our day before she went to sleep, as a kind of recap. I won't lie; I loved it. That it was kind of her idea makes it even better.
Her favorite part of the day: Going to get ice cream. TCBY, actually. We both got some chocolate soft-serve cones. Hers was decidedly messier than mine.
My favorite part of the day: Sydney being a kissy monster who gave me a lot of kisses on the face while I tried to watch the news. She's never gone about actively trying to distract me from something by being TOO FRICKIN' CUTE for her own good. When I told her that was my favorite part of the day, she got all shy and coy, batting her eyes at me and smiling. Awesome.

No comments: