Friday, June 18

Third time is just as charming

There is always something to be said for a Pixar movie. Of the 10 films the studio has released, exactly 10 of them are perfect. That sentiment includes Toy Story 3, the newest film, which we watched this afternoon. I actually kind of like how our afternoon came together: Brian suggested we catch the movie; there was plenty of time to get to the theater; we got a good spot to park; with 15 minutes to spare, the movie theater had excellent seating still available; and it was a film Sydney was excited to see, so she was into it and didn't fidget too much.
Once again, Buzz Lightyear and Woody steal the show, and my love. (The saddest part of this movie? That Auntie Donna can't see the latest adventure of her favorite little cowboy, Woody.) The movie was, of course, incredibly well done. Inside jokes, adult innuendo, nostalgia, and good-hearted fun made the movie as much an entertainment for Brian and I as it was for Sydney. The story was very well done, the animation was top-notch (as usual), and the emotional heft of the film was enough to have me crying at the end. Also, we stayed until the very end of the credits, and I regret to inform you that nothing cool happens once the names stop scrolling.
The best part is that Sydney was a super trooper throughout the whole film, so I don't feel like I missed anything. I know that when we get the DVD in a few months, and I watch it again, I'll probably notice some things, but right now, I'm good. I had a perfectly lovely movie-going experience with my family, and I'm still smiling about it.
If you have the opportunity to check out Toy Story 3, you should. I highly recommend it!!

No comments: