Sunday, June 27

Farming on the go

I got crazy giddy when I heard that FarmVille was releasing an app for the iPhone. FarmVille, as some of you know, is my ridiculous online obsession. And the knowledge that I could maintain my farm from anywhere, so long as I had a cell connection, was a lovely bit of information. Then, I downloaded the app. It's slow, won't load all the way, and is incredibly inefficient ... so far. I mean, I've only tried it three or four times. Still, in conversation with Brian about it today, he suggested that it would be better of I installed the app on the iPad. I thought, sure, that would be better.
While the app itself is not designed for the iPad, it can still be installed on it. And let me tell you, farming on the iPad is indeed easier and better than farming on the iPhone. In fact, the ability to do my farming and blogging from the iPad makes it no longer a necessity to take the laptop on my trips out to California. (Though I'll probably take it anyway. There's something to be said for a normal keyboard.) Through the iPad, I was able to harvest, plow and plant some new crops, buy some special Apple-only rainbow apple trees for the farm, and even tend to my animals. This is a good thing, my friends. I'll never have wilted crops again. Yay farming!!

No comments: