Wednesday, August 19

You Mommy, Her Gramma, Me Sydney

How's this for an interesting conundrum? Sydney heard me call my mom, "Mom," this afternoon. Awesome reaction from my kid: She touches me on the arm, points at me, and explains, "You're Mommy." Then she points to mom, and says, "That's Gramma. She's Gramma." Again, I get a tap on the arm, "Mommy." Of course, Sydney is still too young to understand the family dynamic in that kind of way, but it was super cute to be corrected about it.
You're wondering what else we did today. Sydney woke us up at 7 this morning, announcing that she couldn't sleep anymore. We visited the village at Northstar at Tahoe. There is now an ice skating/roller skating rink in the middle of it, a brand new condominium complex built in the middle of it, new ticket windows, and most remarkably, a Starbucks right there. We had hoped to take the gondola on a scenic ride, but it wasn't available today. Having left Northstar kind of disappointed, we made our way to Kings Beach for lunch at one of Mom's favorite spots. Then we played in the lake for a bit at the beach. Then we came back to the hotel where Sydney refused to nap, and finally crashed for an hour while Mom and I read magazines. For dinner, Mom's favorite restaurant, Lanza's. It was good stuff.
We got back to the room, and I had wanted to watch a movie. I actually was quite excited to see Star Trek. But then, I saw how much the hotel wanted to charge for the film: $14.99. I was all, "Hell, NO!" Can you believe how much that movie would have cost? Crazy!!
So instead, we're currently watching, Law & Order: SVU, and have already sat through tonight's episode of Wipeout. Ugh.
p.s. This is perhaps the best vacation picture ever! Have you seen this online? This random squirrel made his way into this couple's self-portrait on their vacation. They posted it at nationalgeographic.com, and it has grown quite a fan base. Including me!

No comments: