Friday, August 7

A weird testimonial to a burger stop

I think Sonic Drive-In is one of my favorite places to eat, especially when I don't care a bit about what I am putting in my body. My usual order is Combo #1: Sonic burger ... plain with nothing on it, medium tots, and a large iced tea with no lemon. (Sonic is one of the few places that consistently has delicious fresh-brewed iced tea, and in those, admittedly awful to the environment, Styrofoam cups, the tea stays super cold and icy for a long time.) I only get to enjoy about a third of the tots though, as the little creature in the backseat is quite demanding once they get in the car.
Just because this is my usual meal does not make it my favorite meal at Sonic. I prefer a bag full of corn dogs, mozzarella sticks and a large strawberry shake. But honestly, I haven't had that particular combination in a long, long time. Of course, you know me too well to think that I completely deny myself all of what I love so much. The shake is something I treat myself to as often as I can justify it, but the corn dogs and mozzarella sticks are just too much for me on any given day.
Brian prefers the cherry limeade drink, but doesn't really like the food there much, so when Sonic is on the agenda, you can be sure that it is a weekday, and that Sydney and I are in charge of lunch.

No comments: