Tuesday, August 18

Nick Cannon, go away

I am watching America's Got Talent, and aside for the David Hasselhoff crazy, I am not liking it at all. Nick Cannon is bugging me like no one's business. ... ... ... You know, and in fact, I think the only thing that is really bugging me right now about this show is the presence of Nick Cannon. Who knew that Mariah Carey, one of my biggest celebrity pet peeves, would be married to one of my newest celebrity pet peeves, Cannon? That comes off as entertaining to me right now.
Mom, Sydney and I are in Truckee, Calif. tonight. We can't really remember the last time I was in Truckee, but the ballpark year is 1999. I can't remember if Brian and I have been here since we got married, or even if I'd been since I moved out of Mom and Howie's house. This town has changed a lot. It's all random stuff: a roundabout, no more movie theater, less coolness on the main street, a new micro-brewery (yummy dinner!), paying for parking, and better stuff in the variety store.
Tomorrow, we head up to Northstar, on day three of a trip that has become something of a pilgrimage in honor of Howie.

No comments: