Tuesday, August 11

News of the day, delivered Kimmie-style

I was cruising through USATODAY.com just now, and I thought, what a random post it would be to just fly through the headlines on the web page and comment on them, as I do. Interested? Good, read on. Not so interested? "Deal with it," she writes with a smile.
"Obama takes on health care critics in N.H." ~ I'm not entirely sure why this health care thing is so important that it couldn't wait until next year or the following year. I feel like our president is piling an awful lot of stuff on his plate right now. This, I believe, could have waited.
"Source: Jackson doc bought anesthetic in Vegas" ~ When are we going to see the toxicology report and just put all this nonsense behind us? I'm still waiting for the day when there isn't a single Michael Jackson headline on my My Yahoo! page. Hasn't happened yet.
"What are the top destinations for business travel?" ~ Wherever the boss sends you that isn't your office.
"$500K prize divides elderly sisters in Conn." ~ Jeez. Get over it and split it, you whiners. Odds are you won't live to spend it all anyway.
"U.S. automakers need to leave survival mode" ~ Oh, really? Are they all better now?
"Woman accused of glue assault speaks out" ~ As much as I'm against most types of violence, there's a certain bit of justice that goes along with a woman who exacts vengeance on her husband for cheating on her repeatedly. Still, gluing his penis to his stomach is just mean.
"License plates honor vets of current wars" ~ I say, absolutely. All vets should be honored in any way they wish. And if a Persian Gulf War I license plate gets them out of a speeding ticket, all the power to them.
"70% say brides should take their husband's name" ~ Who are these "70%" and why the hell is it any of their business if a bride takes her husband's name or not? I've got friends who have chosen both those options, and I'm all for the freedom to make that decision. Why do some people always feel like they should be able to decide how someone else lives their life? It makes me so MAD!!
"Tarmac ordeal renews push for flier's rights" ~ These people spent 14 hours in one of those little 50-seat planes, six or so of those hours on the tarmac in Minnesota or somewhere. Overnight. With babies and over-flowing toilets on the plane. These stories infuriate me, too. I like to think I'd be able to get Sydney and I off that plane if something like that was happening to us.
"Clinton to student: I'm Secretary of State, not Bill" ~ Honestly, I LOVE that she got testy about this. Some kid asks her what her husband thinks about something, and she's all, Listen. I'm the woman in charge here. Not Bill. (I paraphrase.) You want an opinion? Ask me.
"Slow-play rule in spotlight; Tiger fined for criticism" ~ Why, oh why, would the Tour want to irritate Tiger Woods? Not that the fine is a big deal or anything. And he should be able to criticize the Tour for rushing the players. You rush a golfer, you get lousy golfing. "Golfing," isn't a word, I don't think, nor should it be.
"Brooks & Dunn call it quits after 20 years" ~ Who is going to rock "Boot-Scooting Boogie" from now on? I actually saw Brooks & Dunn in concert at the Greek Theatre several years ago. Howie and I dragged Mom to the show. I have no idea where my t-shirt is, but I could probably find the program for you.

No comments: