Sunday, July 12

Prettier picture than one of ants, or a buffet

Today's highlights, in chronological order:
Morning ~ My arm was bitten up by ants while trying to empty contents of a yard waste basket into a yard waste bag. The little fuckers were all over me, BITING, so I stripped off my gloves and shirt to wipe them off me, and ran squealing over to the other end of the yard. The bites hurt, yes, they did, and left lovely little red bumps all over my arm. Now, the basket gets tossed in the trash can as well. ... By Brian. I'm not touching it again.
Later morning ~ We visited Best Buy to exchange one Wii game, and see what kind of gift card damage we could do. I traded in Wii Music for Wii Ghostbusters, and we bought Hellboy, some ear buds for Brian, and some flat headphones for Sydney's use with my iPod. (I will now download episodes of cartoons from iTunes, and create a whole new way to travel with the child. Yay technologically savvy mom!)
Lunch ~ Carl's, Jr. Famous Star, plain and dry. That is all.
Naptime ~ I watched the movie, The Spirit. Refer to the post below.
Before dinner ~ As a family, we visited the local Ulta store. I'd never been in an Ulta before, and today's experience was incredibly positive. I got all the conditioner I was looking for, and even managed to purchase, and repulse, my husband with a couple new nail polish colors. (A blue AND a purple!)
Dinner ~ You may remember that we are trying our local buffet restaurants this weekend. Our meal at Oriental Garden was fair, though not even close to wonderful, but somewhat filling. For $10 each though, I would rather we went somewhere that we could order off a menu and I don't feel like I'm wasting money if I only eat one plate's worth of food. I think that is where a buffet becomes a guilt experience. How do you justify going to an all-you-can-eat buffet and only finishing one plate of food? Isn't that against some kind of rule? So, while our experiment was a noble one, I will consider it failed, as we will probably not go to Oriental Garden again, and may only visit Sweet Tomatoes once in a great while.
After baby's bedtime ~ A viewing of Confessions of a Shopaholic, a good little movie, that, while entertaining to us both, is probably not the best choice to watch with the husband who has a wife that likes to shop as much as the movie's lead character. While a majority of the film was all in good fun, parts of it were sad (to a friend and nice girl), frightening (to a man who pays for the shopping), and depressing (to a shopper thinking about not shopping).
Bedtime ~ SLEEP.

No comments: