Friday, November 14

Reservations for five

You know, if I or my husband ever were elected as president, I would totally have my mom move into the White House with us. What a fantastic thing to have happen with the Obamas. (It is Michelle Obama's mother who kept the kids to their normal schedules and enforced family rules during the campaign. She was, by all accounts, an incredibly stabilizing force in the family throughout those two years.) I find myself wondering how many other in-laws lived in the White House, too. It's actually not confirmed that Marian Robinson will live in the White House, but only that she's agreed to move to Washington with the Obamas. I can't imagine that she wouldn't be closer if she could be, as they say, down the hall. And hello? Life in the White House? That must rock ... you know, when you aren't in charge of the country and all that business. But yeah, my mom would totally be forced into living there with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!- your Mommy would love living in the White House with you, too.