Saturday, November 1

It's flip flops for a few days for me

And so November begins:
1.) I chose the firefighter outfit for my avatar because I liked it. Sadly, there is no burning building background available, so I had to go with my second choice for a random, somewhat related background. An erupting volcano, I think, could be a suitable background for me as a firefighter. My first choice, in a completely ironic and self-deprecating way, was a background of a kitchen.
2.) My heels are so sore. It was my brilliant idea to take Sydney to the Arizona State Fair this morning. It actually was a brilliant idea, with only a few slight setbacks: I made a poor decision on shoe selection, and I paid for it quickly, with skin peeling off my heels before we even made it through the Fair; Sydney was freaked by the rides, the noise, the smells and the people, and insisted on being carried throughout the whole place; and it's November, and it was still too warm to roll through the place without sweating. The messed up thing about it? Brian was totally on board with the whole adventure, and cooperative and everything! Talk about a wasted opportunity!
3.) I just watched 27 Dresses on HBO. I'd seen it once before, with Mom, and totally dug it. This time, I liked it just as much, if you must know, and I'm happy to have spent two hours sitting on my butt watching it again!
4.) My obsession with Facebook continues. I changed my status three times today.
5.) I took down all my Halloween decorations and replaced them with the Thanksgiving turkeys for the upcoming month. I'll tell you, I'm a bit disappointed with my Thanksgiving decor this year. I actually tossed out four turkeys, and some other assorted pieces. I need to replenish the supply. I will head to Hallmark tomorrow, I think. Or maybe Monday. Target didn't have much the last time I was there, having skipped Thanksgiving entirely and moved on to Christmas already, but I guess I could stop there again. Oh! Maybe Michaels will have something! Idea!
6.) I ended up moving around some plants this afternoon, too. I've got a couple unhappy spaths that need someplace new to live in the apartment. I've switched some to different rooms, so we'll see how they do in new light exposures.
Damn. That sounded so random and boring. I must stop blogging right now.

No comments: