Sunday, April 20

Gigantic combined with enormous

When is the last time you looked something up in a dictionary? I mean a real dictionary, one of those book ones, with the tabs, thin paper and weird inky smell? Before tonight, I would say that I couldn't remember the last time I cracked a Webster's. In fact, even the one I opened tonight is the same dictionary I had in college. I thought, when I picked it up, that I should get a new dictionary, but then I thought, "Well, it had the word I was looking for. And I can't remember the last time I opened it. So really, it's still a perfectly good dictionary. Why buy a new one until Sydney needs one of her own? So it doesn't include 'ginormous.' Big deal, that's a made-up word anyway."
I actually wonder how many people still own dictionaries. It used to be one of the books that must be in a home. Now it's a seldom used, only when the computer's down, reference book, and that's kinda sad. But not tonight! And my dictionary isn't sad! It got felt up this evening!

requiem
n 1. a mass for the dead; 2. a: a solemn chant (as a dirge) for the repose of the dead b: something that resembles such a solemn chant.
Yeah, it's from that Alien vs. Predator: Requiem movie. I had to look it up so Brian and I would know what the hell the title was talking about.

No comments: