Sunday, September 16

Mostly, it's the toothy smile

It's 9:15 p.m. right now, and you know what? I am not watching the Emmy Awards. And seriously, I can tell you why in two exact words: Ryan Seacrest. The guy just straight up bugs the shit out of me. I can't stand him! Is it the slicked hair? The cheesy gameshow host smile? The disingenuous way he talks to people? The surplus of face time he's been racking up over the last couple years? The blatant self-promotion of the Fox television network for getting him to be on the show?
Yep, all of that.
I may be punishing myself by not watching the show in its entirety -- because I have seen snippets here and there (Yay The Daily Show!) -- but I am boycotting the program this year. I won't watch it, and if I see that ridiculous cheesy man-boy by accident I change the channel faster than, well, faster than any man would, I guess.
So tomorrow I'll spend an hour or so catching up on all the best quotes, best dressed, best embarrassments, and best snide comments. I'll also, I'm sure, hear all about the "worsts," but the best part about that is that I'll be able to do it all without Ryan Seacrest.

No comments: