Tuesday, June 12

Pixarland would be cool

I'm a Disneyland kid at heart. Really, I am. I can find my way around that place blindfolded in the middle of the night, with nothing but the map in my head.
What I am not is a Disneyland "purist." I dig that the park is changing here and there. Some people are like, "I can't believe that they're adding Capt. Jack Sparrow to the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ride." I think it's cool that they did that. Capt. Jack is frickin' awesome, and the ride is frickin' awesome. Why shouldn't they be together?
And nothing makes me happier than the recent opening of the Finding Nemo submarine ride. The park should absolutely be incorporating newer movie characters into rides! Besides, the old submarine ride sucked. It was a dark, hot, claustrophobic waste of time that once ridden on, never had to be done again. With a remodel based on a bright, happy movie, I expect that the ride will be much more fun, and certainly more worth the wait.
Really, I think that Disney should have invested in expanding the original park, complete with a couple new "lands," different gift shops, and themes based on the newer characters, rather than build that colossal eyesore California Adventure. That place isn't worth the time out of a vacation, and certainly not a ticket price that's equal to Disneyland's.

No comments: