Monday, June 25

Always go with whimsical

Who knew that I could have a practical vs. whimsical argument with myself in the towel department of Bed, Bath & Beyond? Not me. But I did, and because of that, I ended up bringing home a set of purple towels that I figured would be a better match with my bedroom linens instead of the pink I wanted to buy. When I got home, I set out the tubmat, hung up one of the bath towels and laid out the rug to decide if I like the look. I also hung an old pink towel to make a comparison. Really, I don't like the purple.
And then, my husband comes home and says, "What happened to the pink? I like the pink better. See that pink. I like it better. Why did you chicken out and go with the purple?" I'm like, "I decided to be practical and go with a color to match the bedroom." He goes, "Practical? When did that ever work out for you?" I reply, "I know! I guess I'll exchange them tomorrow or Wednesday."
Here's my logic: 1.) I still like the green and white stripe accent bathroom accessories, though who knows how long that will last. And now I can keep my eyes open for cool pink stuff for the bathroom, too. 2.) Why match the bedroom when I know that when we move into a bigger house we'll be getting a king-size bed and therefore, new bed linens anyway? 3.) Pink is pretty.

No comments: