Friday, August 18

Happy 301!

It's hard to believe, but true, my friends. This is the 301st blog post on "It's all about..." I certainly appreciate your faithful readership, even if I have been slacking off a bit lately.
So what's the what: Oliver seems to have adapted well enough to our new environment; the apartment itself is becoming more and more comfortable every day; I'm getting into the swing of this whole working-at-home thing; and Brian is deep into getting his Arizona licensure.
This weekend, we'll make our second trip out to IKEA. Our second trip ever ... and it is to pick up the bookcase that we didn't get last week. Have any of you been to an IKEA? Holy crap! Talk about a huge store with tons and tons of stuff in it! Yikes! Mom and I would have had so much fun setting up my first dorm room in that place! As it stands now, since we have most everything that is necessary for a cozy home, there is little to nothing for us to buy there (a fact that is a happy for my credit cards), so a lot of the product goes unappreciated. However, the fact that they have little apartments set up throughout, and sample living rooms and the like, makes it one of the coolest stores ever. I'm wondering how well the bookcase will fit in the back of the car though. We'll take Brian's vehicle, because it tends to pack better, but still, I think we may have to leave the back open, and put me behind the driver's seat to get it home.
Since we are missing HBO in our new cable program due to a lack of funds, we've started digging in to our own DVD library for movie entertainment. Last night, we watched Stripes, starring Bill Murray and Harold Ramis. That movie is such a gem! The most fun about it is that, even though neither of us had watched the flick in a long time, we still could roll along with quoting the dialog, quips and phrases that made us laugh the most. (It's like how you know the words to a song even though it's been years since you've last heard it.) The movie was released in 1981, if you can believe it, and is still as much a giggle today as ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have an IKEA here, and it is so hard for me not to buy the place out. I have all the dishes and glasses I will need for the rest of my life, now!

Anonymous said...

IKEA-Get a catalog from them all the time and I like there stuff, that is far as I go.

Bookcase move-Sounds like a Redneck move to me.
What a picture.