Friday, February 17

Crushing on Paul Walker

One of my movie star crushes, Paul Walker, has a new movie coming out today. While I try to catch most everything that he's in, I probably won't see Eight Below, since movies about animals beating the odds, facing hardships and ultimately triumphing make me sob. (And this one will end like that, people, it's a Disney movie.) He's pretty persuasive eye candy, but the emotional toll that I know the movie will take on me is keeping me far away.
If I were still in grade school or something, I'd be putting his picture up on my bedroom walls or in my locker, but since I'm a more mature, married woman, I'll instead just gush a little bit in my blog. Scroll through his movie list, which includes both the first and second Fast and Furious, She's All That, The Skulls, Timeline, and Into the Blue (a movie Brian was just as pleased to sit through, as it costarred Jessica Alba), and you'll find a list of instant classics that will cement Walker in pop culture history. Some nuggets you'll discover, should you choose to add these winners to your Netflix queue: he's not much of an Oscar-caliber actor (though each film seems to get better); he said "Bro," waaayyy too much in 2 Fast 2 Furious, but he said it with STYLE; he more than holds his own against rock-solid performances by Vin Diesel, Tyrese Gibson, Craig T. Nelson, Josh Brolin, and Freddie Prinze, Jr.; and his blue eyes are too dreamy.
Entertainment Weekly posted an interview with Walker yesterday, about the doggy movie and another R-rated film that comes out next week. Read it here. And after reading through it, maybe Running Scared is more me and B's speed. He's so pretty.

1 comment:

-T. said...

I think your crush on Paul has gotten the better of "movie reviewer Kimmy" - that resume of previous flicks doesn't really qualify for "instant classics" status - even if (I agree) that PW alone is good enough to see those movies. My fave is F&F which also features closet hottie Vin Diesel.