Monday, January 2

Resolutions

The idea behind New Year's resolutions is a good one. One that I embrace every year, but then discard by mid-January. All the new years begin the same way: will not eat junk food; will exercise more; will read more often and cut back on television; will save money for fictional savings account; will be better at my job; will be better in life. It usually comes down to about the beginning of February before all these are really broken, but then, I guess, that's the name of the game. How many people really stick with their resolutions, anyway? I applaud those people, whoever they are.
Best things about the coming of January:
New calendars filled in and put up around my house and office;
A brand new slate to start filling up with grand plans and ambitions;
The new year is the biggest question mark;
Everyone becomes a year older "this year."
Okay, so what are my resolutions this year? I'm not telling. This year, I will choose to believe that they are a lot like birthday wishes. Perhaps, if I don't tell anyone what the resolution is, it is more likely to come true. Yeah, I'm all over that logic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Resolutions...Don't believe in them.Its like forcing yourself to do something and we all know that does not work.You have to want to do it before it will get done no matter when it is.