Thursday, January 26

New paralyzing fear

So don't go all crazy on me, or bitch at me, or scold me severely (as Amy did), but I had another lack-of-gas and stuck-in-traffic issue today. Today's adventure, which had me freaking out on the phone to Brian and him saying, "What is wrong with you?," solidified my new paralyzing fear: being stuck on the side of the road with the car pooped out. We know that this has happened to me, what with the two tows last year, but I can now say that I fear this more than most anything else. What is about not getting gas until I absolutely have to? No idea. I'm going to have to work on it.
Some of you may know the story of the stolen Santas. I gave out chocolate See's Santas to my coworkers at Christmas. I left the box with five extras in my workspace, and upon reopening the box to move them into my desk drawer, found them to be gone. Stolen, actually. I sent a note to facilities management. Anyway, I always bring a two-pound box of See's candy back to Boston with me after a visit home. I opened it up yesterday for consumption, and counted 16 pieces left before I closed up the box before going home. This morning, there are 13, count them: 13, pieces still in the box. The See's thief strikes again. How much does it suck that one can't leave a box of candy on their desk without worrying about it being stolen?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need gas again,surprise,surprise!

Candy...Looks like you need The Pink Panther.

Anonymous said...

Nice note you left for said candy thief!

Did you get a response?

P

Anonymous said...

I believe the gas is a birth defect....sorry!

-T. said...

Solutions: trade vehicles with Brian on a timely basis. take your chocolate home. Yah. Problem solved. Next up: peace in the middle east!