Tuesday, January 31

Giving me whiplash

1.) I can tell already that this new Supreme Court guy, Samuel Alito, is going to do his best to curtail a woman's right to choose, and eventually will insist that every woman should be without birth control, credit cards and driver's licenses; enforce some kind of non-Islamic burka; and promote arranged marriages ('cuz those chicks cain't choose nothin' on them's own).
2.) One of those cheesy Santa's villages is still ... still ... set up along one of the file cabinets at my work. I think people around here went a little ape-shit with the holiday decorations this year, as there were several displays of garland, stars, lights, wreaths and Christmas trees throughout the building. (All this from a group who neglected to dress for the year's best holiday: Halloween.) But seriously, the late-winter village is driving me nuts. Perversely, I'd love to stroll past the display and knock over a lighthouse (there are three), but that would be too much, even for me. I'll just silently bitch every time I walk by it.
3.) I simply will not have the stomach to watch the State of the Union address tonight. You know that nails-on-a-chalkboard feeling? I get that chill down my spine every time that man opens his mouth. Since I'm not completely uninterested in the state of our Union, I'll read the transcript tomorrow morning, but I know it'll be nothing more than a calm-your-jitters, I'm-a-cool-guy-really, don't-listen-to-those-crazy-liberals-in-the-media, it's-all-good, Republican jerkoff on national television.
4.) And since I'm clearly giving in to an attitude this afternoon, I'll make myself feel better and enjoy this photo of Whiplash, the amazing, rodeo monkey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are on a roll today! Let's put the rodeo monkey down in the middle of the Christmas village and see what happens! Yee haa.

I thought I was the only one annoyed by the village--but then again, I've been annoyed by it since the day it went up. As you know, I'm a very hard worker--I'm here to work, not decorate.

When I saw the "Giving me Whiplash" headline I assumed it was a blog about the dominatrix (excuse me, the Professional Dominatrix). Remember, it's all fun and games until some guy has a heart attack on the rack.

-T. said...

Whiplash, Alito and "W"'s speech all in the same blog entry...oh, the beauty of it all!