Tuesday, January 17

Avatar production and posting

Those of you who have an e-mail address on Yahoo! have probably heard of this new-fangled thing they've got called an "avatar." Really, up until a month or so ago, I'd never heard of them before. Until you create one though, Yahoo! isn't shy about bothering you to do so every time you log in to your mail account. What it is, essentially, is a cartoon caricature of yourself that you can create in a look to suit your actual features, or do something completely opposite, and then can add clothing, backgrounds, sport accessories, and yes, even a pooch. I built mine several weeks ago, but until now, had no idea what to do with it.
Then came Tara's new blog, and the foresight she had of posting her own avatar in an entry. Brilliant!
So, I spent a good portion of a couple hours playing with the avatar options, and have used it as my blogger image all the way to the left there, and have posted the whole smash here for your enjoyment. (The dog is supposed to be Oliver. It's the picture that looks the most like him.)
The point of the avatars is to play with their moods, clothes, environments and the like. I'll keep posting them as I change them! New fun!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hardly recognized you since your avatar isn't hard at work at your desk, and what--no funky socks!

Anonymous said...

And amy~~~~Is she really that short and skinny ?

Ask for a big lunch Babe !

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Avatar! Yes, I miss the personality socks, no, I don't think the size is incorrect! REALLY! How rude!
Personally, I think the hairdo really makes it!
Hey Oli - you look pretty cute too!

Anonymous said...

new-fangled thing they've got called an "avatar."

Ok, the queen of all media thinks these are "new"? That just cracked me up.

You are cute as a cartoon and in person! So is Oliver.

P

-T. said...

You look MAR-Valous!! Your Avatar is so very "you"! I love the Oliver..wish they had a Rudy =)