Monday, January 16

Apologies abound

ITEM!: I had two Quiznos apologies in my e-mail this afternoon when I checked it. While this should make me feel better, and vindicated, I still somewhat believe that this particular Quiznos will always be icky, and that if ... if ... I send the franchise owner my address and allow him to comp me a couple sandwiches, I won't be getting them in that store.
ITEM!: Did anyone watch the season opener of 24 last night? It was really good! I've only really kept up with that show peripherally, but this season I decided to commit totally, and I'm glad that I did. I'd forgotten how really good Kiefer Sutherland can be, and I think this particular show and its subject matter suit him to a tee. Tonight is another two-hour helping, and I can't wait.
ITEM!: Stop the presses, my friends! I'm not sure if I'm interested in watching an awards show! Did you know that the Golden Globes are on tonight? I didn't, until I was notified via Internet and the Yahoo! homepage. It's so wrong that right now, in this present state of mind, I don't really care. Of course, just writing about it, and thinking about who will win and who will lose, and what they'll say and wear, is getting me psyched up to watch the show. I'm sure I'll have some kind of wrap-up tomorrow.
ITEM!: The temperature in lovely Boston went down into the single digits last night, and with the wind chill, registered well below zero. Always awesome ... until the doggy has to pee.

1 comment:

-T. said...

You know - I'm pretty disappointed as I am watching the GG right now, and logged on JUST TO SEE YOUR PREDICTIONS and smart *ss comments about the nominees...was even hoping for some Joan River-esque comments about the red carpet. WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?! I count on you!!