Friday, September 30

Autumnal arrival

Well, the leaves haven't exactly started changing colors yet, and they aren't falling off trees, but autumn has arrived in Boston. This morning was the third in a row that my toes have gotten cold while walking the dog. I haven't changed out the summer shoes for the winter shoes yet, but the flip flops for the morning constitutional are not cutting it anymore. This weekend, we break out the "morning Uggs," and the tootsies can be toasty once again.
A day like today, where it was 50 degrees when Ollie and I went out, is a bit of a welcome and a curse. I mean, it's nice that the summer heat and humidity is on its way out, and the fall colors will start rolling in; but the downside, of course, is that the unbearably cold temperatures are naught but a few weeks away.
Brian and I have a bet as to when the first snow will fall: he says October, but I'm holding out for November. The Farmer's Almanac says that it'll be a brutal winter no matter what, so really, in the end, we should just enjoy the 50s while we've got them!

2 comments:

-T. said...

In case you need one more reason to appreciate the fall weather...it was 100 degrees at the ASU game on Saturday..and the stadium..yah..they ran out of water..we hiked it 1/2 mile at half time to load up and get some ice. I got a sunburn. Fall Uggs have a decidely fantastic appeal right now...bring on the fall..whenever that might be here in AZ.

Kimmie G said...

I've seen that it's still pretty warm there in Arizona. Believe it or not, I kinda miss that oppressive heat, especially since it's...you know... dry.