Thursday, September 7

Your death grip is loosened, IRS

You guys. There is a light at the end of my Internal Revenue Service tunnel.
Brian and I got a letter today telling us that part of our payment from last month was too much for our balance, and so they would use that extra amount to put towards our 2016 balance.
I read it a few times, because the meaning of it is pretty huge. That letter was telling us that we have paid off our 2012 tax bill, and can now focus on our 2016 amount owed.
Wait a tick... That means that Texas is paid off. That means that in every single way, Texas is in our rear view mirror. No more Texan, dark, rainy cloud hanging out over our lives. We've been paying this bill for five years, and finally, we're done with it.
Even though we have a balance still, it's not the same balance that has been a constant drain on our monthly budget, and that is pretty liberating. And if I can make it work how I want, I should pay off the entire balance in a couple months. And that will be very liberating!
So while there is still a ways to go, a huge weight has been lifted, and that's been enough to give me a spring in my step!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Congratulations!!