Tuesday, August 25

Two hours is a lot of interviewing

The interview lasted for two hours this morning. I was there a couple minutes before 10, and walked out the door at 11:58. This is an extremely long time to be in a job interview. Typically, they should last about an hour, with any random time adjustment or addition clocked after that (similar to a soccer game). Like the writing exercise I had to do. But no, I got talked to and grilled for two full hours, by both the human resources department and the editorial coordinator. I was exhausted when I left there. Seriously, it took every ounce of my energy. And, I had to pee. I mean, I kinda sorta had to pee when I walked into the place, but I figured that it wouldn't be too long, and I could pee shortly thereafter. But then, it's all ... taking two hours. So by the time I left, I was pretty insistent on needing a bathroom. I didn't use theirs, because that would be weird. So, I rushed to the closest fast food place I could find, and peed there. My bladder is capable of being quite bothersome.
But on the whole, I'm really having confidence issues about whether I would be able to handle all the responsibility of a full-time editorial gig again. I mean, I know I'll be able to get into the swing of it, but the diving into the deep end of the pool, after having been hanging out on a frickin' chaise alongside the water, is a bit overwhelming. It'll be good, though.
The ultimate decision will be made in the next couple weeks, so here begins the waiting game.

No comments: