Friday, July 24

Cinnamon-y goodness for me

Cinnamon rolls are a serious favorite of mine. They need to be specifically perfect, but once I find ones that are, I am in love with them for life. The Coffee Plantation out here used to have delicious cinnamon rolls while I was in college. It closed, and I've been pretty despondent since. Having none of those, I've been hunting for suitable replacements.
Ikea cinnamon rolls are incredibly good, and I can power through a six-pack in a startlingly short amount of time. I went to Ikea today with Brian's mom and dad, and I came home with two six-packs, which I promptly put in the freezer. (FYI, I always scrape off the frosting. I don't like them too gooey.)
They are in the freezer because the mom and dad stopped at a bakery near us this morning and brought over a loaf of cinnamon roll bread, which is amazing. We opened and sliced and ate some this afternoon, and I've been fantasizing about it ever since. In fact, as soon as I'm done blogging here, I'm going right downstairs to have some more.
I can't think of a better situation in the kitchen then the plethora of cinnamon roll options I've got going on in there. Bread goes first. I'll wait a few days before I defrost the first package of cinnamon rolls, and may just save the last package as my prize for getting through the next two weeks of summer with no camp and my kid home every day.

No comments: