Wednesday, December 31

And how did YOU do with 2014?

Well, well, well. Look at that. There are 56 more minutes in 2014, and I'm ready and eager to welcome the new year. In a new twist, I am under strict instructions to wake up Sydney so she can watch the ball drop into 2015 for the very first time. I'll try to rouse her, but who knows, she's a sleepy little kid who loves her cozy bed.
As I am wallowing in the last few minutes of the year, I'll dive into the EXPECTATIONs from 2014. Honestly, I think we've taken care of all the EXPECTATIONs that were really attainable, but let's take a look anyway. New windshield: CHECK, but the three chips in it right now will require some fixing in the next couple weeks. Weight: Still an issue, but hoping to get into an official gym soon. Books: CHECK, though I've got a pile different from the one I had in January. Writing: CHECK; almost done with the project I've got right now, and hope to have it finished by the end of this weekend. Credit Card Payoff: Yeah, well, that didn't happen. Something to strive for in 2015, I guess. Cleaning out the house: CHECK, though it could probably do with me going through the place again. Quit the job: CHECK. Take down Christmas tree on New Year's Day: CHECK; it's happening tomorrow. Hiking the trail: CHECK, though we won't be going soon what with all the rain today. Outdoor patio furniture: CHECK.
Well, in retrospect, that isn't too bad. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and creating a new list of EXPECTATIONs.

No comments: