Tuesday, January 15

Warm backseat, warm backside

You know how I told you that the Jetta has introduced me to things that I will never again live without in another car, right? Well, nothing solidifies the absolute necessity of seat warmers than several mornings of cold temperatures, and having to climb into a 30-something degree car. My concern though, is that my baby girl in the back seat has no seat warmers. And she complains about how cold her seat is. All I can do in the front seat is feel the warmth seeping into my own posterior, and have guilt that her little butt is cold. The heater, you see, doesn't warm up the car fast enough on the trip to school.
Today, I took my Jetta's lack of backseat seat warmers to task, and figured out a solution. (Sydney's grandmother was a solid partner in this, by the way.) I spent time online while on the phone, and we finally settled on a 12-volt heating blanket that: plugs into the car's lighter; has an 8-foot cord so it'll go all the way into the backseat; features a dial for heat levels; and will turn off after 30 or 45 minutes, depending on the setting. It's actually exactly perfect, and I'm too excited for it to arrive.
I told Sydney about it tonight, and she's super excited for it, too. I can't wait for her little butt to be warm on the way to school. And I shall then be a better mother who can keep her baby warm!
Anyway, the point is this: you never know what kind of completely-random-but-excellent-for-the-situation thing is available on the internet until you are looking for it.

No comments: