Tuesday, January 29

The sad life of a hornless triceratops

Lego is awesome.
To backtrack: Daisy enjoys chewing up Sydney's toys and bits. Always has. Something we've discovered lately is that Daisy very much enjoys chewing up Lego tires and dinosaurs. This is a problem particularly for the big dinosaur Lego sets that we've collected. Daisy has chewed the heads off two pterodactyls and has unhorned a great triceratops.
Back to Lego being awesome.
If you log onto the Lego web site, in the customer service section, there is a place for you to order replacement parts and bricks for sets and collections. Thankfully, I still have the set number for the Triceratops Trapper, so was able to give them a number and description for what I want to replace. I placed the order, and they will contact me in a day or two with the availability of the piece and how much it will cost for me to buy it. After I accept the cost of the piece and agree to the charge, they will ship it to me.
Where this could be not so awesome, is if they don't have the triceratops. All the Dino Lego sets have been discontinued. But I feel like they really should have extra pieces all over their big, huge Lego warehouse. Right? Sydney was, as you can imagine, pretty upset to discover her triceratops so emasculated. And it's totally my fault, too. I'm not as good about closing her bedroom door as she is, so it was on my watch that Daisy got a hold of the dinosaur. For that, I'll give this the big effort. And I hope they can help me. But even if they can't, I'm still super impressed with this feature on the web site.

No comments: