Monday, January 28

I've been 40 for 10 days already

ITEM!: I'm on the hunt for a literary agent. I read through my catalog of children's books publishers today, and now I have a nice list of people to send my book. I like that a few of them specify that they're interested in new authors, so that's who I'll start with. Also, most of them accept e-mail submissions, so I won't have to print out and mail all kinds of copies. Tomorrow, I compose my query letter and formulate my approach. I know that if I just send one, I'll be comfortable sending more. It's just that first little letter, you know? But still, I'm pretty excited.
ITEM!: An hour of racquetball practice! All by myself! And it was awesome!! I think, at 40, I may be falling in love with a sport besides skiing and book-reading. Also, I added Brian to my gym membership, so now he can hit the gym more regularly, and we can play racquetball more often.
ITEM!: I finally made my first donation stop at Goodwill this morning. My trunk was full, and now it's not. Bags of toys, toys and toys, as well as other household extras no longer clutter my office floor. For certain, there are more things to donate; a full trunk does not mean an empty office. But at least it's not as overwhelming now. Just a few more bags of stuff, and then the floor will be clear again.
ITEM!: You know what's more annoying than anything right now? The warm weather we're having here. I am so sick of my air conditioner being on, and so sick of closed windows, and so sick to be wearing capri pants in January. No, no, no! No warm weather in January! Be gone, warm weather! Bring forth the chilled days and cold nights of winter! Warm weather, you are not wanted here! Cold weather, WHERE FOR ART THOU?

No comments: