Thursday, November 24

Turkey Day goodness!!

My husband was so excited and hungry for turkey dinner that he had the bird prepped and in the oven at 8:30 a.m. Of course, this meant that our bird was ready before noon, well before the potatoes, stuffing and other side dishes. So, we had a Thanksgiving lunch rather than a dinner. And honestly, that was perfectly fine. I find that I prefer to have my feast-like meal earlier in the day. It means left-overs for dinner, and more time to digest before going to bed. Also, it's not that late once all the dishes are done. I think we may have stumbled onto something brilliant with this one. From now on, every Thanksgiving meal we make ourselves for ourselves, we have at lunchtime.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

I KNOW...we had to do lunch because of Bette and relatives who were heading afterward to Disneyland.We had almost everything clenaed up by 8:30pm, and no indigestion!! So glad you guys had a great 1st Texas Thanksgiving!