Sunday, July 31

Are you ready for some football?

I was all ready for no football this year. I was pissy about the labor dispute and the lockout, because in my opinion, all the sports factions make too much money off playing games for a living. They're machinations and greed were pissing me off, since they owe everything to the fans. It would have served them all right to have to go this season without any income. Not that any of them would have starved, but their seeing that the country actually would get along pretty well without football would have been a good thing. They are not all important. The NFL people likened themselves to the negotiations going on about the nation's debt ceiling. They are so full of themselves. There's quite a difference between the nation's financial future falling to ruin, and everyone having to find something else to watch on Sundays and Monday nights.
Now, having said that, I'm getting pretty excited about the Patriots' season this year after all the wheeling and dealing the team has done over the last few days. Albert Haynesworth, the team's new tackle, and Chad Ochocinco, the team's new wide receiver, are making me happy. That Bill Belichick spent the last few months plotting and planning for the days after the deal was made is a comfort. In my happy Football Place, I see the Pats going to the Super Bowl this year.

No comments: